There is no such thing as dirt-cheap anymore, thus could you chose to stop travelling or make a clever plan. Everybody knows that your most expensive part of vacations aside from accommodation is probably the travelling expenses. Follow these steps and you might save on your budget next time you travel.
- Book early especially when you decide on a destination that requires travelling during peak seasons.
- When you look at airfares or travelling arrangements start searching as soon as you know your dates.
- Be aware of prices as that is the only way you will be able to compare fares objectively and also know what you want or expect to pay for your travelling while remaining realistic.
- When you buy air fare tickets it is wise to use other currencies depending where you want to fly to. It will not always work in your favor, but worth checking out.
- Joining mailing lists from various airlines allows for you to get immediate as well as current special deals as well as possible future specials you might have missed out on. Mailing lists are often disregarded as email clutter and a pain, however frequent travelers find it tremendously helpful. Good websites to join for the mailing lists include the Flight Deal and Airfare watchdog.
- Join frequent flier programs offered as these programs offer free companion tickets, free upgrades and often free flights too. Any airline you use might have such a program as they reward clients with earning miles which can be traded.
- Choose to be flexible with routes when flying instead of always flying direct even though you might find it a bother to have more than one stop along the way.
- Being flexible with times and dates too as ticket prices from airlines always depend on special times, like Christmas, holidays and even time of the week. If you fly when everybody else flies fares will automatically be much higher.
You can find sample comparison websites below